How To Dress Sexy But Casual
Everyone wants to feel sexy from time to time. If you’re looking to create that effortlessly sexy and casual look, there are a few steps you can take to get you on the right path. Once you’ve mastered the wardrobe and the attitude of a casual, sexy dresser, you’ll be turning heads everywhere you go.
Revamping Your Wardrobe
Show off your shape. Wearing figure flattering clothing is the key to enhancing your sex appeal. Don’t hide your shape with baggy clothing, but don’t squeeze your body into extremely tight clothing either. Everyone has their own unique assets, so choose the clothes that best accentuate yours.
- If you think your arms are sexy, fill your closet with sleeveless tops. If you love the way your back looks, buy some tops and dresses that have open backs. If your legs are your favorite body part, short skirts and dresses should fill your closet.
- Replace bulky sweaters with slimming dark colored turtlenecks, replace looser skirts with tight pencil skirts, replace baggy t-shirts with tight v-necks. Though these changes are subtle, they’ll give you the casual, sexy look you’re going for.
Combine your casual clothing with sexier pieces. Creating a balance between sexy and casual is all about mixing up lengths, styles, and fits. You can wear things that drape for a casual look combined with something tight to add a bit of sex appeal, or you can show off your legs with a sexy skirt while wearing a more modest top.
- Combine a short bottom, such as a mini shirt, with a turtleneck or long sleeved top.
- Pair a low cut or open back shirt with a fashionable pair of wide-leg pants.
- Throw on those jeans that accentuate your curves with a flowy top. You can also belt the top to show off your waist.
- Add textures like lace and leather to your look. Black pants are sexier when they’re black leather pants. A lace top will allow you to
Find the right size. Wearing clothing that is too big or too small is rarely figure flattering, and can draw attention to all the wrong areas. If you’re unsure of your proper size, ask a salesperson for help when you’re out purchasing your new, sexy wardrobe.
Leave something to the imagination. There’s a common misconception that showing more skin is equal to being sexy. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with loving your body, but showing a lot of skin can come off as trying too hard, especially in a casual environment. Instead, wear clothing that shows off your figure but still leaves some of your body to the imagination.
- Wear a long sleeved knee length body glove dress. You’ll be all covered up, but you’ll still be showing off your shape.
- Wear high waisted pants with a cropped, flowy top. You’ll get to show off your legs and hips without showing tons of skin.
Wear more red. The red effect is very real, and has been proven time and again in studies. Researchers have learned that there are several biological factors that actually make women appear more attractive to men when wearing red and that women perceive men as being more dominant when wearing red. So yes, wearing red will scientifically make you sexier, even if it’s something as casual as an oversized sweater.
Get rid of your old, boring clothing. If you’ve been wearing the same old clothing for years, giving your closet a makeover is the perfect way to add some sex appeal to your wardrobe. Get rid of the clothes that don’t make you feel great and replace them with new pieces that you find sexy. If you’ve been wanting your very own little black dress, now’s the time to get one! If you’re sick of wearing the same boring suit to work, change it up with a bold color or different design.
Tip: Wearing old clothing doesn’t feel fresh or exciting. Being excited about what you’re wearing will give you a boost of confidence, and confidence is always sexy. A new pair of jeans that fit you like a glove will make you feel sexier than the old pair that don’t seem to be as flattering as they once were.
Study fashion blogs and magazines for inspiration. When changing your wardrobe, you may need a bit of guidance to point you in the right direction. Looking through fashion blogs and magazines can help you find the sexy, casual look you’re going for and teach you how to put your ideal outfits together.
- Create a Pinterest board of casual outfits you find sexy. Look for the trends you see on your Pinterest board and add those items to your closet. If your Pinterest board is showing a lot of pumps, it’s time to add some pumps to your shoe collection. If your Pinterest board is filled with distressed jeans, then get yourself a few pairs of new denim.
- Study how your favorite sexy, yet causal outfits are put together and copy them. Mastering the art of a sexy, yet casual look is all about balance. Pair a sexy top with casual pants, or give a t-shirt and jeans some sex appeal with 5 inch high heels.
Carrying Yourself with Confidence
Be confident in yourself. If you feel sexy, then you’ll look sexy. If you don’t feel sexy, that will show as well. Confidence is one of the sexiest ways to spice up your outfit, so own it! Pair your sexy new clothing with a confident attitude, and your sex appeal will be undeniable.
Take care of your personal hygiene. Your sexy, casual look will be incomplete without the proper hygiene, so create a beauty routine to go with your new wardrobe.
- Brush and floss to illuminate your smile. A beautiful smile is always sexy, so be sure to take good care of your mouth. Clean, white teeth will also add to your confidence, and we already know that confidence is key.
- Take care of your skin. Use face wash to keep your face looking fresh, and keep your skin soft with your favorite lotion. If you’re showing a bit more skin, it’s important to make sure that skin looks great.
Tip: The right haircut and hairstyle can make or break your casual, sexy look. Whether you prefer the messy, natural look or a simple, refined bun, choose a hairstyle that makes you feel sexy. If you’re running around town in black pants and a sweater, add a bit of sexy to your look with big, bouncy curls. If you’re wearing a short dress, sweeten the look with a half-ponytail or a bun. It’s all about balancing sexy and casual looks.
Enhance your look with the right makeup and fragrance. The right makeup and fragrance will transform a nice outfit into a sexy outfit. Appealing to multiple senses – sight and smell – will take your look to the next level.
- Makeup is a great way to complete your look. However, if you’re going for the casual, sexy look, keep your makeup on the lighter side. For example, if you’re wearing eyeliner, go with a nude lip or lip gloss. If you’re not big on eye makeup, give your lip a splash of color with red lipstick. These techniques will make you look effortlessly sexy.
- Pick a personal fragrance that you love. The perfect finish to an outfit is your favorite perfume or cologne. Lightly spritz yourself before you head out to add a bit of extra sex appeal to your look.
Don’t try too hard. Trying to be somebody you’re not is never a good idea, and it’s obvious to others. Instead of trying to change yourself, embrace what’s naturally sexy about you. The more comfortable you appear, the sexier you’ll look – no matter how casual your outfit is.
- If you’re not a dress girl, you don’t have to wear dresses to be sexy. Instead, throw on some figure flattering pants with a low-cut top, or a crop top, and step out with confidence.
- For men who don’t like to dress up, pair a blazer with sweatpants for a casual, sexy, and trendy look. You’ll be comfortable and look great.